The World Health Organization invites you to apply for the WHO Internship Program 2021. The WHO Internship Program offers graduates and postgraduate students a variety of internship opportunities to gain an overview of WHO and broaden their knowledge and experience. The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations.
The World Health Organization also offers free online WHO courses with free verified certificates. WHO does NOT charge an application fee to apply for the internship. All participants from all countries with different academic backgrounds and WHO programs can enhance their educational experience through hands-on assignments.
The length of the WHO internship ranges from six to twenty-four weeks, depending on the needs of the WHO technical department and the intern’s availability. You are at least twenty years old when you apply. All applications should be made fully online on the WHO vacancies page. Detailed information, eligibility criteria, and benefits are listed below.
Details of the WHO 2021 internship program:
Duration: 6 to 24 weeks
For: undergraduate / graduate / doctorate
Financial coverage: fully funded
Deadline: Varies (now open)
- From January 2020, WHO will award scholarships to students in need of support.
- The WHO will provide grants up to a certain amount per service station. The amount is given for each position for which students apply.
- WHO offers all trainees health and accident insurance
The following eligibility criteria will be taken into account when applying for the World Health Organization Internship Program.
- You are at least twenty years old when you apply.
- You are enrolled in a university or equivalent institution, which leads to a formal qualification (graduate or postgraduate) (applicants who already have a degree may also qualify).
- You will have completed three years of full-time study at a university or the equivalent before starting the assignment (baccalaureate or equivalent).
- You are not related to a WHO employee (for example, son/daughter, brother/sister, or mother/father).
- You have not yet participated in the WHO internship program.
- You have a valid passport from a WHO Member State.
There is no deadline for WHO internship opportunities. Applicants may apply from time to time based on vacant positions.